Q & A with girls freshman basketball player, freshman Kristin Rissi

Name: Kristin Rissi

Sport: Girls freshman basketball

Grade: Freshman

How long have you been playing basketball?

“I have not played much. I tried it in kindergarten, but I didn’t know what I was doing, so I quit. In eighth grade, I decided to try it again and joined the school team. Between that, I would play for fun sometimes, play with my brother in our driveway, etc.”

What other sports do you play at FHC?

“So far, I have only done swimming this year, but I am thinking of doing water polo, too.”

What is your best memory from your time playing basketball?

“I don’t really have a favorite memory; I just enjoy spending time with teammates and getting to know each other.”

What are the strengths of this year’s team?

“I think our plays are good, and we help each other understand them. Also, everyone is nice and good at encouraging each other.”

What are your individual goals for this season?

“This season, I want to practice more in the off-season, work on shooting and going out of my comfort zone.”

Who is the biggest influence on your athletic career and why?

“Depending on the sport, different people influence me. In basketball, I would say my dad has the biggest influence. He is always at my games and encourages/supports me the most.”

Do you have any superstitions associated with your games?

“I don’t have any superstitions with games.”

What is your favorite class this year and why?

“This year, my favorite class is probably honors English. I think the class is very fun and I always have something to do. It’s never boring and isn’t too much of a challenge. I like the teacher, and I have a few friends in that class. All the books we read are interesting, and the projects are fun.”