Q & A with girls JV basketball player, sophomore Reese Clarkin

Name: Reese Clarkin

Grade: Sophomore

Sport: Girls JV basketball

How long have you been playing basketball?

I started playing basketball in 8th grade, and now it’s my third year playing as a sophomore.”

What other sports do you play at FHC?

“I do not play any other sports at FHC.”

What is your best memory from your time playing basketball, and why?

“My best memory from playing basketball would be connecting with the other girls on the team, growing with each other, and teaching ourselves to get better as the season progresses.”

What are the strengths of this year’s team?

“Our best strength is showing that we can be aggressive; I think it’s good to show opposing teams that we are not easy to beat, and we want to give it our best effort in games but also at our practices.”

What are your individual goals for this season?

Some of the goals I have for myself are to always be supportive of my team at any time I can, but also to make sure I push myself to the best of my ability during practices to be ready for future games.”

Do you have any superstitions associated with your games?

“No, I do not.”

What is your favorite class this year and why?

“I really enjoy geometry because I love learning how to do constructions and along with graphing.”

Who is the biggest influence in your athletic career and why?

“I would have to say that the biggest influence on me in my athletic career has to be my coach. She has really helped me with my performance this year and last year, but she is so much fun to have not only as a coach but also as someone to go to for support and help whenever I need it. She is now one of my favorite people to remember basketball with so far these two years. She holds me accountable and is super supportive, and I know that she cares a lot about me as a person and a player, so I am so grateful for her and happy to have her as my coach.”