JV volleyball goes 2-0 with wins over Greenville and Lowell

Mac Boike, Sports Reporter

Two weeks in and the JV volleyball team already looks in flying form. The girls put together two great matches and swept Greenville and Lowell in two sets each.

They started the week off by hosting Greenville. A quick start for the Rangers led to an easy win in the first set. The passing was magnificent with everyone getting touches throughout the set. Sophomore Kate Hotaling was on her A-game with great passes when receiving serves and with solid defense. In the second set, it was game, set, and match with the girls easily putting the nail in the coffin.  All the girls continued to make amazing plays and kept the pace fast to finish their adversary.

Finally, to finish week two, the team traveled to Lowell to take on its rival: the Red Arrows. To begin, the first set ended with a 25-10 win for the girls. The pace was set early offensively by freshman Mila Kavara and sophmore Maya Holser who covered the middle extensively. In the second set, the same thing happened but ended with a score of 25-11. Mila and Maya were everywhere and made great plays. All the girls balled out and played astounding. The girls are now 3-0 on the season and remain at the top of the OK White. The girls next play this Thursday with a home game with fellow OK White opponent Grand Rapids Christian.

“One of the goals for the team this year is to maintain a fast pace, which would make the girls work harder in practice and make them push through,” head coach Natalie Roelfzema said. “This team has the determination to continue to keep moving forward to maintain this pace throughout the season.”

About the Writer
Photo of Mac Boike
Mac Boike, Sports Reporter

Mac Boike is a Senior at FHC entering his second year in the Sports Report. Mac enjoys playing lacrosse and football. He also enjoys playing box lacrosse...