Freshman baseball beats Forest Hills Northern 4-0 and 7-6 to finish its season off on a good note

On Thursday, the freshman baseball team faced off against its rival, Forest Hills Northern. The Rangers won both games and dominated the first game 4-0, then escaped with a 7-6 victory in their second game of the doubleheader. This was the first time the Rangers faced off against the Forest Hills Northern Huskies, so considering that they didn’t know the competition very well, the boys had great games overall.

In the first game, the boys dominated. They did not let one runner touch home base. Joey Wing also pitched for the first time all season in this game; Mathew Curtis pitched extremely well for FHC. Once again, Mathew Seurynck pitched great, helping contain Northern. Drew Fortino had solid plays and catches in the outfield to keep FHC solid throughout the games. Roman Brummel scored the game-winning run in the final game in a quick turn of events and extended the score to be 7-6 to give the Rangers a signature win.

“This was a great win and a good last game for our freshman baseball career,” Drew said.

With this being the last game, the boys have played great in many spots on the field and in many games. They struggled once in a while with energy and batting, but overall, the boys boasted a solid 21-1-10 record.