Girls JV tennis ends its season with an 11-8 win over Hudsonville

On Wednesday, the girls JV tennis team capped off its season with an 11-8 win over the Hudsonville Eagles. Because FHC won and played well, they had the opportunity for everyone to play two times.

Freshman Hailey Miller and junior Bella Wiseley pulled off a huge win by a score of 8-7. After that, it stayed interesting and was a nail-biter until the very end. Freshman Josie Crosse won a tripleheader in a singles match by scores of 6-5, 6-1, and 6-5. On top of that, freshmen Mary Holtgrieve and Eva Vantil went 2-0 with a close 8-6 win and a comfortable 8-4 win.

The girls end the season in the best way possible, going on a 5-1 spurt in the season’s home stretch. Ending the season the best way they could, the girls opened a lot of eyes about the future of the FHC tennis program.

“I’m super happy how we ended up this season and the progress we made as a team,” freshman Sloane Corey said. “I also think I personally got a lot better, and being able to play with some of my friends made the experience even better.”

Junior Allie Mairn backed up Sloane’s kind words with some of her own.

“Being on a team with younger girls gave me a good opportunity to help them learn things that took me years to learn,” Allie said. “It was a really good time; I am super happy with where we ended up as a team.”

The girls ended their amazing season with a win and couldn’t have asked for a better way to go out.