Freshman baseball team find success behind good hitting from Mathew Seurynck and defeats Lowell 14-6

On Thursday, the freshman baseball team went up against the Lowell Red Arrows. After winning one of their two games on Tuesday, they were looking to improve their record and continue their offensive dominance at the plate. This time, there was only one chance to beat this team, as there wasn’t a doubleheader. The boys came out on top, winning 14-6.

“The team played pretty well overall with just a few mistakes defensively,” freshman Drew Fortino said. “We had some a pretty good game offensively, but we had a few mistakes defensively that we need to clean up.”

Freshman Jacob Robertson missed a ball at second base around the fourth inning; however, he redeemed himself by having a really good game overall. The team also cropped a long hit into the outfield, leading to some success for Lowell. Freshman Alex Brown pitched very well for the team, striking players out left and right and keeping them from scoring. Offensively, Mathew Seurynck had himself a game with some really solid hits to help the team score. All in all, the boys played exceptionally well as a whole and improved to 2-1 on the season.

The boys play Grand Rapids Christian next Tuesday, April 20th at home. Defensively, they hope to clean up some of their sloppy errors and turn the tide on defense.