Q&A with varsity swimmer, junior Logan Tiggleman

Name: Logan Tiggleman

Class: Junior

Sport: Swimming 

How long have you been swimming? 

“I have been swimming competitively since 2nd grade. I joined the MVP team, then RAYS, and I’ve been on the school’s team since middle school.”

Do you participate in any other sports at FHC? 

“I row for the crew team and played JV tennis freshman year.”

What is your best memory from swimming?

“My best memory from swimming has to be the second chance meet last year. I surprised everyone, including myself, making states in the 100 breaststroke. I made finals at states, which was huge.”

What are the strengths of this year’s team?

“This year’s team has a very tight bond, and it feels like we all get along well. This helps us get through practice as it gets really long and tiring.”

What are your individual goals for this season?

“My individual goal for this season is to make states in my 100 breaststroke again. That would be super cool.”

Who is the biggest influence in your athletic career, and why?

“The biggest influence in my athletic career is my mom. She has always pushed me to do the best I can and cheered me on at almost every meet, regatta, game, or match.”

What are your favorite events to swim and why? 

“My favorite events are the 100 breast and 100 IM because I like doing things other than free since I’m not very good at it.”

Who is your favorite professional athlete?

“My favorite professional athlete is probably Katie Ledecky because she shocked the world with her freestyle at the Olympics.”