The home for coverage of all FHC athletics

Q and A with JV soccer player, sophomore Christian Afman

Name: Christian Afman

Grade: Sophomore

Sport: JV soccer

How long have you been playing soccer?

“I have been playing soccer for about eight years, so I started when I was around seven years old.”

What other sports do you play at FHC?

“Alongside soccer, I really only do swimming as well.”

What is your best memory from playing soccer?

“My favorite memory from being on the team is last year during my freshman year when I had to go into the goal and play goalie for the first half of a game. Our main goalie didn’t show up to practice before that game, and the rule was if you didn’t show up to practice, you couldn’t play in the first half of the next game. Since I was the only player on the team with any previous experience playing as a goalie, I was chosen to play as the goalie. I was able to make some good saves and let nothing in, so it was pretty enjoyable.”

How do you think the season went for the team this year?

“I would say this season went very well this year for both the JV and varsity. Since the JV was able to achieve a better win percentage compared to last year’s win percentage.”

Who was the favorite teacher of your time at FHC?

“Ms. Beckett was definitely my favorite teacher last year. I had her for my freshman year of English, and she was so nice. She listened to the students about school-related topics and even things at home. I would love to be able to have her again some other year.”

What music did you listen to to get fired up before games?

“I didn’t really listen to music before games to get hyped.”

Who is your favorite professional athlete?

“My favorite is Lionel Messi or Michael Phelps, they are both amazing athletes at their sports.”

What is your favorite class this school year?

“My favorite class this year has to be AP Computer Science Principles with Mr Smith. He is really chill about what we do in class.”