MSU football’s uncertain season: MSU loses rivalry game to Michigan and loses the next week to Minnesota

MSU footballs uncertain season: MSU loses rivalry game to Michigan and loses the next week to Minnesota

Two more weeks, two more losses for this Spartan football team.

MSU’s biggest rival Michigan traveled over to East Lansing to play the Spartans. Michigan State had won the last 10 out of 15 games against Michigan. However, Michigan was completely dominant throughout the game, and as a Michigan State fan, this was a very painful game to watch.

The game ended in a very lopsided 49-0 win for Michigan. The Spartans only passed for 133 yards compared to Michigan’s 357 passing yards. The run game was also better for Michigan, as they rushed for 120 yards compared to Michigan State’s lousy 49 rushing yards.

Throughout the game, Michigan was very consistent. Their offense scored two touchdowns in every quarter but the fourth, where they scored one touchdown, but put in a lot of their backup players. Their defense didn’t allow MSU to score a single point. This was the least excited I had ever been to watch MSU play Michigan, and then in the end, this was probably my least favorite MSU game I have ever watched.

The next week, MSU traveled over to Huntington Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota to play the Minnesota Golden Gophers. Once again, to no one’s surprise, Michigan State lost 27-12.

The passing game was somewhat even this game. MSU passed for 190 yards and Minnesota passed for 200 yards. However, the running game was not strong for the Spartans as they only rushed for 109 yards while Minnesota rushed for 200 yards.

Throughout the game, I thought that Michigan State had a chance to win the game. But of course, once the game got into the fourth quarter where MSU was only down 10-6, things started to go south as they normally do when it is a close game for MSU.

I am very unhappy about everything with this Spartan football team. After the first two weeks, it has been incredibly painful to sit in front of the TV and watch them lose games that in a normal year they would be winning. I am starting to wonder how different this season would be if Mel Tucker could have stayed as head coach instead of getting fired.

Honestly, the best part of the season for me was the first two games against Central Michigan and Richmond where we actually won.

I think that I speak for all of the Michigan State fans when I say that the basketball season can’t come soon enough. The Spartan basketball team is ranked fourth in the AP preseason poll and has very high expectations this season. They might even be able to win the national championship for the first time since 2000.

MSU’s next game will be at home against Nebraska and this will be the final game of the year in Spartan Stadium.