The home for coverage of all FHC athletics

Q & A with varsity volleyball player, junior Kinzi Tilton

Name: Kinzi Tilton

Sport: Varsity volleyball

Class: Junior

How long have you been playing volleyball?

“I have been playing volleyball for seven years now.”

What other sports do you play at FHC?

“I do not play any other sports, but I might play soccer and basketball my senior year because I am capable of both since I’ve played them my whole life until eighth grade.”

What is your best memory from your time playing volleyball?

“During club at our tournament in Indiana. We won a bid to play in the gold [bracket], and we all went wild with excitement for each other.”

What are your individual goals for this season?

“To be more confident out on the court and to just play my game.“

What is the best piece of advice a coach has given you?

“‘Don’t be scared to make mistakes; volleyball is a game of mistakes.’ That helped with my confidence a lot.”

Who is the biggest influence in your athletic career, and why?

“My two sisters, Bri and Morgan Tilton, have a huge part. They both played volleyball since fifth grade, like me, and were really good players. They were on varsity all four years starting, and they influenced me to play. They still help me with volleyball stuff even when they both live in Iowa for school. They really presented the sport of volleyball to me, making me want to play after watching them play.”

What is your favorite class this year, and why?

“My favorite class is yoga. Playing volleyball all year round and being sore every day with no break is exhausting, and having an hour of yoga every day helps very much. It’s so relaxing, and it’s right in the middle of my day. My three hard classes are in the morning, so I get to reset at yoga in fourth hour. “

Who was your favorite teacher in elementary school?

“My favorite teacher was definitely Mrs. Gabbert from Pine Ridge in third grade.”