The home for coverage of all FHC athletics

Q and A with varsity golfer, junior Izzie Scholler

Name: Izzie Scholler 

Sport: Varsity golf

Grade: 11

How long have you been playing golf?

“I have been playing golf my whole life. My parents kind of forced me and my brothers into it ever since we were little, but I didn’t start to actually play competitively until freshman year.”

What other sports do you play at FHC? 

Currently, I do not play any other sports. However, I used to play lacrosse but quit for the sake of golf.”

What is your best memory from your time playing?

I think one of my best memories playing golf was last year at a jamboree at Kent Country Club. When we got through one hole, the horn blew because of the weather, and everyone was sad because we all started so good. But we all got to hang out and get closer and ready to come back stronger the next day to resume the next eight holes. The second day was great, and we did just that, and it was so much fun, and I love the course.”

What are the strengths of this year’s team? 

“The strength of this year’s team is definitely the grade levels. We have three seniors, five juniors, and one freshman. Now that almost all of us have been on varsity for a year or two, it really helps the team dynamic and just the expectations when competing.”

What are your individual goals for this year’s season? 

My personal goal this year is to compete at regionals again. Only five girls are able to go, and I was in the fourth spot last year, and I hope to continue that again this year and remain a solid player to help better the team and to better myself in such a mental game.”

Who is the biggest influence in your athletic career and why?

I would say the biggest inspiration in my athletic career one hundred percent is my brother Jimmy. He has never failed to help me or be by my side when I’m in a slump and knows exactly what I’ve been through and how I’m thinking because he has experienced the same. I also learned a lot from his hard-working ethic and was inspired to be like him to continue to put lots of energy into what I love with his support. It  keeping me moving.”

Who is your favorite professional athlete and why?

“My favorite professional athlete would have to be Reggie Miller because my brothers and I would always watch the ESPN 30 for 30s. I remember watching the one on him, and he always had a positive outlook on things no matter what, and that is something you really need in the game of golf because of how mental it gets.”

What is your favorite class this year and why?

“My favorite class this year is forensic science because I love Mrs. Stone, and it’s so fun to learn about crimes and all the steps that go into solving them.”