FHC girls varsity lacrosse takes down Spring Lake

This previous Friday, May 5, the Forest Hills Central Rangers girls varsity lacrosse team faced off against Spring Lake on the Ranger’s home turf. The girls won 17-6 taking home a third win of the week. 

After taking a win over Catholic Central the previous day, the team was ready for this game against Spring Lake. Sophomore Coco Mehney speaks about the team’s emotions going into the game saying, “We were feeling confident and excited to finally play Spring Lake.” Adding onto Coco’s comment, sophomore Ava McDonald says, “We were feeling good because we beat CC the day before and we played well.” 

This game had some new faces as some of the girls from the FHC girls JV lacrosse team were given an opportunity to play in a varsity game. Sophomore Colleen Guikema and freshman Addy Quinn were two JV players pulled up for this previous game. With a goal from Colleen and ground balls being picked up by Addy, both girls brought a stellar performance to the game. 

Going into halftime, the girls had taken a big lead over Spring Lake, and everyone was pumped up and ready to go into the second half of the game. Ava speaks about the team’s overall feelings after the first half of the game saying, “At halftime, we were feeling pretty good and we were just hoping to clean up some of our passes and shots.” 

After taking home yet another win, the team is looking forward to what improvements can be made moving forward. Coco tells us about the team’s hopes saying,” Going into the next game, we are looking for more aggressive defense and working on moving the ball around more on defense.” 

The FHC girls varsity lacrosse team will be traveling to Spring Lake on Monday, May 8, as they face off against this competitor once again at 7 pm.