Boys JV wrestling team has some great performances against Lowell

Returning back after a successful weekend at Sparta High School, the boys JV team took on one of their biggest tests all year. The Lowell wrestling program is one of the most well-known in the state, having one a handful of state championships or making a good run in states almost every year.

Two freshman Isaac Spratke and Michael Frazier, both had huge performances last night along with sophomore Luke Piotrowski, who came into his match against Lowell knowing he’d have to put up a good fight. Lowell is never going to be an easy win. Luke ended up getting a huge win for the Rangers and showed why he has so much potential in the wrestling program here at FHC. Senior Josiah Perdue won his match as well at 160 pounds. Sophomore Michael Campbell came in as the “underdog” against his Lowell opponent. Michael is never one to back down from any challenge, even if it may be going up against one of Lowell’s better wrestlers on their squad. It was a good match until Michael ended up getting a pin and winning the match for the Rangers.

“I think I performed at a high level, but in any sport at any time there is always room for improvement,” Michael said. “That’s all that I am focused on right now is getting better everyday, and not letting one good win get to much in my head.”

“I have been pleased with the effort of our second string wrestlers,” head coach Brad Anderson said. “They are scrappy and are ready to wrestle each and every match. It’s a joy to watch them wrestle.”

Coach Anderson seems to be looking very optimistic about how his team is looking, as well as the next few years of wrestling here at FHC.

This Saturday, February 27th at 9:00 AM, the boys will be headed out to Fruitport High School for the Fruitport Quad. This will start to test their physical and mental strength after very few days to recover and prepare because of the condensed season.