JV baseball wraps up its season with a three-game sweep of Forest Hills Northern

The first two games of the rivalry series between Forest Hills Northern and Forest Hills Central’s JV baseball teams had previously ended in a victory for the Rangers in both games. Likewise, in the last game of the series, the Rangers took home another win to end their season with a 27-3 record after beating the Huskies 6-2. Starting on the mound was sophomore Sam Ardinger, who went for three shutout innings while freshman Mason McDonald pitched three as well, giving up 1 earned run while downing 2 batters.

Sophomore star Justin Osterhouse shined in his last game as a JV player, going for 3 hits with an RBI.  Sophomore Arthur Pelon and freshmen JT Hartman and Ty Hudkins led the way in the 6th inning, as the Rangers were trailing 1-0. These four combined for FHC’s first three runs on the day, bringing the score to 3-1. Northern came back with an attempted double steal that would be picked off by McDonald, who threw over to Justin. Justin then tossed it over to Arthur to tag the first runner. After, Arthur got up off the tag and fired the ball to sophomore Chase Robinson to end the 1-3-6-2 double play.

In the 7th inning, Robinson would start the offense back up with two outs on the board, as he hit a double to the deep left side. Next, Arthur walked and Justin hit a single that brought home Chase. To finish it off, sophomore Sammy Mielock brought home both runners with a single to bring the final score to 6-2.

Head coach Steve Courcy was very fired up after the win and how impeccable this season has been for this team.

“It’s been an incredible season for these kids, with so many great memories,” Courcy said. “It was a pleasure to work with such an amazing group. They played clean, hard baseball all spring. I expect that to continue as they move up to the varsity level.