JV baseball extends its win streak to seven games with doubleheader sweep over Lowell

JV baseball has hit its stride five games into the season, and they have developed into a scary team. After defeating Lowell 8-2 in a single on Monday, FHC got another chance to go at it with the Red Arrows in a doubleheader. In the end, the Rangers dismantled Lowell, beating them 10-5 and 7-4.

On the mound for the Rangers were freshmen Carson Custer, Mason McDonald, and sophomore Sam Ardinger. All three pitchers pitched well against a dangerous Lowell team, but they gave up the highest amount of runs in a game all season. With that being said, five runs in the scheme of things aren’t the end of the world for a team such as FHC that scores with ease.

In the combined two games, sophomores Chase Robinson and Sammy Mielock led the gunning Rangers offense that scored a combined 17 runs on the day. Chase accounted for seven of those 17 runs, while Sammy brought in four. Freshman Ty Hudkins had another breakout game, racking up five hits and drove in three RBI’s.

FHC is now 7-0 on the season and will finish the week with a Caledonia doubleheader on Saturday, April 24.