Q & A with JV volleyball player, sophomore Ella Peirce

Name: Ella Peirce

Sport: JV volleyball

Grade: Sophomore

How long have you been playing volleyball?

“I’ve been playing volleyball since seventh grade.”

What other sports do you play at FHC?

“I don’t play any other school sports, but outside of volleyball, I figure skate.”

What is your best memory from your time playing volleyball?

“I would say this season as a whole. I prefer school season over club season, and even though I’m really busy during the fall, I like being able to go to practice every day no matter what my day was like and have a positive environment to go to.”

Who is the biggest influence in your athletic career and why?

“Probably all the coaches I’ve worked with. I’ve had almost all positive experiences with coaches and they’ve all encouraged me to work hard while simultaneously helping me love volleyball as a sport.”

Who is your favorite professional athlete?

“I don’t have a favorite professional athlete.”

What are your individual goals for this season?

“One individual goal for this season is to just learn a lot and get a lot better; when I play club volleyball I feel like I don’t learn very much but instead just maintain my skills, so I want to grow as much as possible as a player during this season.”

What are the strengths of this year’s team?

“I think one of our strengths this year is our closeness as a team. Everyone is great at encouraging one another and building each other up while also giving positive feedback to make each other better.”

What is your favorite class this year and why?

“My favorite class is Advanced Writing for Publication because I love writing, and the environment is really comforting. It’s a great class to have sixth hour.”