Boys JV soccer clinches first win of the season with 1-0 result over East Grand Rapids

The boys JV soccer team continued its conference play this week against the Pioneers of East Grand Rapids. The Rangers started off slow, and FHC freshman keeper Kasey Dantuma was forced to make some excellent saves to keep to the score even early on. Later in the first half, the boys won a free kick around half field, and freshman center back Andrew Schepel sent the free-kick off the crossbar to give the Rangers momentum going into the half.

To start out the second half, the Rangers attempted to keep their momentum up and find the back of the net early; however, the Pioneers goalkeeper had some brilliant saves to keep the score tied. Although, with about ten minutes left in the game, the boys won a dangerous free-kick five yards outside the penalty box. Andrew stepped up and sent a rocket into the right side of the net, putting the Rangers up 1-0. Following the goal, the Rangers did not step off the gas as they kept getting chance after chance. As time expired, the boys would secure their first win of the season against East Grand Rapids.

This win brings the Rangers’ record to 1-2 in their conference and the season. The boys’ next game is against a talented Northview team. They will take on the Wildcats this Thursday the 17th at 5:00 PM at Northview.

About the Writer
Photo of Mason Corcoran
Mason Corcoran, Sports Reporter

Mason Corcoran is a senior at FHC entering his first year in the FHC Sports Report. Mason plays soccer, lacrosse, and wrestles for the school. He enjoys...