Girls JV basketball goes through a rough patch but comes back up

In the past couple of weeks, the Rangers have been working hard to achieve their goals. Though it’s been slightly rough, they continue to strive for greatness and continue to play their hearts out every game. 

On February 7 the team competed against the Byron Center Bulldogs at home. The team had a slightly rough game after weeks of a winning streak, but it still played very well under the circumstances given. The final score was 51-29, ending with a high lead by Byron Center. Even though the Rangers were not able to pick the win up, the game was a great one to watch and was full of energy and liveliness. 

Sophomore Addyson Casten shared her ideas about the loss, how her team is handling it, and what they will do to achieve better results in the next few weeks. 

“Our past games have not been our best games. We have been losing some players and there has been a lot of change throughout our team,” she shares. “I think this week we are going to try and focus a lot during practice and try to get back to a winning streak.”  

February 9, the girls played against the Wildcats of Northview High School. After the loss of the last game, the energy was low on the Ranger side, and unfortunately, another loss was added to their list. The team still has a very good record and has three more games in the season to gain more wins under its belt. 

On February 14, the girls faced off against Grand Rapids Christian High School in their stomping grounds.  They were able to pick up a nice win, 48-32, and played a very good game. The team and all of FHC hope that this win will be a start to another winning streak, taking them to the end of the season. 

The girls are left with a couple of games and will hopefully dominate them all. Be sure to show up for the ladies at their next game on February 16 at 5:30 pm against Greenville High School. The game will be played at Greenville.