Freshman boys basketball team dominates new conference foe Grand Rapids Christian 56-29

The boys freshman basketball team came into its third game of the year in an odd spot. The boys were familiar with their first two opponents as they had faced them in previous seasons, but GR Christian is different, as FHC had not played GRC in the past two seasons. This made Christian a little bit tougher to scout, but it really did not seem to matter; FHC ended up winning big 56-29. Some key players were freshmen Ty Hudkins and JT Hartman. They were tremendous in the passing lanes which led to steals and easy layups, and they scored a lot of points themselves too. 

After an early run from the Rangers, the Eagles were forced to take a timeout. This has been a trend throughout the early part of their season. FHC starts off the game ready to go, which leads to their dominant scores. Credit to head coach Adam Monroe and assistant Matthew Ellis for getting their team mentally prepared. The team faced some adversity in the second quarter as they struggled shooting the ball, which led to only four second-quarter points. Although they had a tough offensive quarter, they continued to wreak havoc defensively, leading at the half 27-11. From there, the team was a glide to the end of the game. The team continued to get stops defensively, and the offense was sparked by the guard play of the team. FHC dominated GRC, winning 56-29.

The FHC freshman team moves to 3-0 with a 3-0 conference record as well. After back-to-back big-time wins, FHC takes on an easier opponent in Greenville. They will travel to Greenville as it should not be very difficult. Regardless, Monroe should have the players ready to go.