Girls JV basketball picks up loss versus FHN, but finds redemption against the Grand Rapids Christian Eagles

This past week, the girls JV basketball team took on two big OK White competitors. They kicked off the week against their long-time rival, the Forest Hills Northern Huskies. Shortly after their game against Northern, they went on to play the Grand Rapids Christian Eagles: the newest addition to the conference. They split these two games going 1-1, and picked up their first win of the season. 

As the Rangers traveled to take on the Huskies in their second game of the season, they were still missing their two most impactful players—sophomores Maya Holser and Frankie Sutton. With this obstacle in their way, the group of all freshman held on for close game with the Huskies, despite ultimately falling to them with a score of 39-26. Freshman Maggie Sneider had a big game on the boards for the Rangers, along with freshman Claire Marvin, who was helpful in controlling the game offensively. 

After two tough losses to start off their season, the Rangers bounced back with a massive win against the Eagles. With a full team for the first time this season, the girls defeated the Eagles by a score of 40-19. Several players stepped up last night contributing to the team’s big win. For instance, Maya had a massive game for the Rangers, picking up twenty points in the paint. She was also extremely helpful at giving her team a massive advantage on the boards, which allowed them multiple points as a result. Maggie and Frankie also put up some points for the Rangers as well, combining for fourteen points of the team’s points. Between the three of them, these girls were able to pick up 34 of the team’s 40 total points. 

With these two games behind them, the JV girls basketball team now sits with a 1-2 overall record. With their full team back and healthy, they will look to continue showing their dominance in the upcoming games. The Rangers will take on the Greenville Yellow Jackets this Friday, February 19. The game will be played on the Rangers home court and will begin at 5:30 pm.