Boys JV soccer looks to use its leadership and talent to find success this season

Fall sports are underway, and the JV boys’ soccer team is ready for the new season. With aspirations of success, the boys are excited and look forward to playing high school soccer.  

Last year, the boys finished 7-7-1 in a season full of ups and downs, and this year they look to improve on that by utilizing the young talent they have gained in the new freshman class. The team is mainly comprised of young players excited to play for the school for the first time. One of these players is freshman Colton Comisky. Colton expressed his excitement.

“I’m excited about the season because I am going to get to spend a lot of time with my friends both in and out of school, and also to represent FHC athletics as a program.”

Other young players include the freshman duo of midfielder Bilal Kotbi and defender Micah Scholtens who have shown outstanding talent through the preseason and aim to help the team win. 

Along with the young players, the team has a few returning players. Nathan Rushman is a returning sophomore who has big plans for the season. 

“My goals are to lead the team to a successful season and to finish with a winning record,” said Nathan. “I look forward to seeing how well we improve as a team from our first to our last game.”

In company with Nathan, sophomore defender Owen Ballou and sophomore midfielder Cole Decker also had great seasons last year. They hoped to use their experience to guide the team to success this year.  

The team will face many challenges this year, such as matchups against East Grand Rapids and Forest Hills Northern, but hopefully, the boys will overcome these challenges by using their leadership and talent. They plan on displaying their potential in their next away game against Byron Center at 5 PM on September 6.