The second leg of the UEFA Champions League knockout rounds goes as expected

Bayern Munich shutout

On this Tuesday, March 5th, Bayern Munich took the field to contest against Lazio for the second matchup in the round of sixteen for the UEFA Champions League tournament. With a 3-0 shutout win over Lazio, Bayern Munich equalizes the spread and moves to a one-win, one-loss record in the round of sixteen with Lazio. However, Bayern gains a leg up with the shutout win as they shoot up to a +2 goal differential against the Lazio squad. Playing with a man short due to a red card in the first round, Bayern bounced back and make a major move from behind to put themselves at the gate to move on to the next round.

PSG sweep Sociedad

Another win for Paris Saint-Germain and back-to-back losses for Real Sociedad send the French powerhouse team to the round of eight in the Champions League. Led by striker Kylian Mbappe, who showed off his insane speed on Tuesday with an insane 100 meter time covered in 10.9 seconds, PSG netted a pair of goals while holding Real Sociedad scoreless. The PSG squad is bound to make an impact far into this tournament as they continue to be one of the fan favorites to win. With some of the best players in international football at the moment mainly including Mbappe, stopping PSG will prove to be a fairly difficult task that will take a well equipped team later in the tournament to complete.

City double their win against Copenhagen

Again and again the past five years or later, Manchester City have proved they are an unstoppable force when an major trophy is involved. With two separate 3-1 wins against a good Copenhagen team, City once again slide further closer to the European Championship game. With an elite team and masterclass manager, Manchester City should act like PSG in a sense. The talent required to bring City to a halt in a major tournament will take an incredible amount of planning and execution, especially when the team is led by Erling Haaland who currently shows no intention of slowing down on his great track with City.

Draw sends Real Madrid forward

To say the least, RB Leipzig have put up a great fight with Madrid in the two games they contested. Real Madrid came away with a 1-0 win in the first leg giving them the upper hand going into the second leg. Madrid only need a win or draw, and luckily they got one of the two. With a 1-1 draw against Leipzig, Madrid advance to the next round. Both teams put up a fight worthy of moving on to the stage of eight, however, Madrid being the more capable team to do so. I believe Madrid will have a harder time against teams like Barcelona, Bayern, City, and PSG if they continue their current for, especially if opposing teams continue to have shutout wins.