Q and A with boys basketball player, freshman Will Costello

Name: Will Costello

Grade: Freshman

Sport: Freshman boys basketball

How long have you been playing basketball?

“I have been playing basketball longer than I can even remember; there are pictures of me playing basketball when I was four to five years old. So, I have been playing basketball for a long time, and I love every game I play and the sport so much.”

What other sports do you play here at FHC?

“I play two other sports at FHC, those being football and baseball.”

What is your best memory from playing basketball?

“My best memory from playing basketball was the whole year of eighth grade. That season was so fun, and I had a ton of friends on the team and I also loved my coach.”

What are the strengths of this year’s team?

“I would say our biggest strength of this year’s team is our communication on the court.”

What are some superstitions involved in your game?

“I don’t have any superstitions.”

Who is your favorite professional athlete?

“One of my favorite athletes is Patrick Mahomes. The way he carries himself on the field is so impressive and the way he does it just shows how he won’t let any of his competitors outwork him.”

What is your favorite class this year and why?

“My favorite class this year is Health. I like it for two main reasons: you learn a lot of stuff that applies to the real world and I have lots of friends in the class.”

What are your individual goals for this season?

“My goal this season is to be a good leader for my teammates and make sure that I do my job and that other people do their job.”