The home for coverage of all FHC athletics

Q & A with freshman basketball player, freshman Ansis Allison

Name: Ansis Allison

Grade: Freshman

Sport: Boys freshman basketball

How long have you been playing basketball?

“I have been playing basketball since I was in kindergarten, and I started by playing with the YMCA youth teams.”

What other sports do you play at FHC?

“The other sport I play is baseball, and I am hoping to make the team this spring.”

What is your best memory of your time playing basketball?

“My best memory from playing basketball was in an AAU tournament in Indiana overnight because of basketball, of course, but also growing friendships with my teammates.”

What are the strengths of this year’s team?

“I think some strength of our team is our defense because we pride ourselves as hard workers, and the hustle for loose balls and the toughness of our team are also strengths.”

Do you have any superstitions involved with your game?

“I don’t have any big superstitions, but I always enjoy listening to music before my games.”

Who is your favorite professional athlete?

“My favorite professional athlete is probably Devin Booker. I model my game after him, and I’m also a huge Suns fan, and the fact that he grew up in Grand Rapids. My favorite college athlete player was Cassius Winston since he was the Michigan State point guard for four years and led them to the final four; I also modeled my game after him.”

What is your favorite class this year and why?

“My favorite class this year is probably Fitness for Life because the games we play can get competitive, and I am a pretty competitive person.”

What are your individual goals for this season and why?

“My individual goals for this year are to contribute as much to the team as I can, to win games, and get better at aspects in basketball that I’m not too great at or can get better in.”