The home for coverage of all FHC athletics

Fantasy Football week fourteen rundown

Fantasy Football week fourteen rundown

With the last regular season fantasy football week coming to a close, there is a lot to discuss as there were some crucial injuries and big-time players that disappeared ahead of the playoffs. Today, we will be highlighting the two biggest busts, the two biggest injuries heading into playoffs, and the two best players to watch going into the playoffs.

The Biggest Busts of Week Fourteen

Number two: Jamar Chase

This was a big surprise because last week against Jacksonville, he was targeted on almost every play, and it looked like the offense was going to run through him to help out Jake Browning. But this week, it’s like they completely turned away from Chase. It’s like he wasn’t even there. He only had four targets for three receptions and 29 yards for 5.9 fantasy points. The targets are what concerns me, especially headed into the playoffs. Jamar is a guy people built their teams around, and if he doesn’t start to show up, people’s teams could see some quick exits this year in the playoffs.

Number one: Mike Evans 

Evans had an extremely slow week this week, only hauling in one catch on six targets for eight yards for 1.8 fantasy points. This is extremely surprising. He seems to get a lot of red zone targets and deep balls, but today, they weren’t falling. I expect him to pick it up and be a good flex option for the playoffs, but temper your expectations a little after seeing his performance right before the playoffs kick-off.

Biggest Injuries

Number two: Justin Herbert

This was not good at all. We have seen many quarterbacks go down this year, and there aren’t that many stellar ones left. To see another go down in Herbert is bad. They said it was a finger issue, so we don’t know how bad that can be. But it does pose questions about whether to start him in the first round of playoffs next week; if you do have him, I would find a new quarterback I would not trust that he can come back and get you the maximum amount of points that someone else could on the waiver wire. I would snag someone off of waivers to replace him.

Number one: Justin Jefferson 

This could not be any more of a horrific year for Jefferson; after missing over half the season, he finally came back and got injured early on in his first game back. He was instantly ruled out. I just do not trust him to be able to come back and put up points like he’s supposed to. I fully believe that if he were to play next week, they would work him in much slower to avoid injury again. So, I definitely would not bank on having Jefferson for the playoffs at all.

Hottest Players and top players to watch going into the playoffs

Number two: Evan Engram 

His role on the Jags offense seems to grow even more by the week. He had twelve targets for eleven receptions, 95 yards, and two touchdowns for 32.5 fantasy points. He is turning into their number one target and the guy to trust on third and short, and third and long. Also, the red-zone targets are great. He is a great option for when Eteiene is tired or being stuffed. He is the hottest tight end out there right now, and I love him going into the playoffs.

Number one: Deebo Samuel 

Deebo is the hottest player right now in fantasy. He is either getting the ball handed off to him or catching thirty-yard deep balls. He can do so much at any position on the field. He had nine targets for seven receptions, 149 yards, and one touchdown for 34.0 yards. He is a dual threat on offense and can hurt you anyway. I love him going into the playoffs, and he is a must-start and is turning into the Niners’ number-one guy. He will help win you playoff games, without a doubt.

A very wild week before the playoffs and a lot of uncertainty surrounding some players, but hopefully, these tips will help propel your fantasy team to a championship this year.