The home for coverage of all FHC athletics

Are the Denver Broncos ready to “ride” this year?

The Denver Broncos are a team that, well, isn’t good this year, or so we thought. This team doesn’t have the most balanced team regarding a playoff-contending team. Especially because of last season, we saw that this team was just not ready to “ride.” However, this team has looked like a full turnaround after week five of the NFL season.

Now, why exactly is this team looking like they’re making a total 180-degree turn in the season? During the beginning of the season, for the first five weeks, the Denver Broncos started with a 1-4 record. Which, in reality, is a clear reflection of how poorly their last season went. However, the team had begun playing good teams, and nobody expected them to win any of the games as they started to win game after game.

First, they started against the Green Bay Packers, who at the time were an alright team—beating them 19-17. However, the next week, they were going up in a rematch against the Super Bowl Champions, the Kansas City Chiefs. Nobody expected the Broncos to win this game, and neither did I. The Broncos made the upset happen and won 24-9. And they are currently on a winning streak against the Bills, Vikings, and Browns. All good teams. So, was this team just incredibly lucky, or is this team legitimate? 

The team’s receiving core isn’t even a team that seems to be that good. The tight end isn’t somebody to talk so highly about, the wide receivers aren’t even top 20, and the quarterback, although doing very well this year, is nearing the end of his career. And the defense is one of the more promising parts of this team.

So, how exactly is this team just showing out this year so far? To be honest, I couldn’t even say why. It’s probably going to be the biggest mystery if this team makes it into the playoffs and even gets a single win while in the playoffs. But it will come down to if this team can keep being consistent and efficient. It will also come down to the team being healthy and not letting their good players get injured.

In conclusion, the Denver Broncos are a team to watch this year and a team to pick some players up for fantasy, such as Russel Wilson. But is it possible that we see the Denver Broncos come back to the playoffs and even return to the greatness they once had many years ago in the 2010s? It’s truly a question with no answer as of right now since we can’t say if it’s the team being this good or if it’s just simply pure luck.