Fantasy football week nine rundown

Fantasy football week nine rundown

With another eventful week of fantasy, more and more questions are arising due to this week being a huge letdown week for many players. However, I will be recapping the top five worse performances and telling you guys why these five after there was a gigantic list this week.

Number Five: Tony Pollard 

It was another very disappointing week for Pollard after he barely got 50 yards and had no touchdowns once again. He has not lived up to the hype that has surrounded him this year, and it’s evident as to why he isn’t about no love in the red zone. He rushed 12 times for 51 yards for 9.3 fantasy points, and also, twelve touches are not enough for a supposedly number-one running back. But what is becoming more evident every week is that their targets, Jake Furgesson and Ceedee Lamb, are getting more and more involved. They are also using the run game way less. If you have Pollard, I would be trying to sell. I think he’s solid, but I don’t think he will be the difference-maker people believe.

Number Four: Devonte Adams 

The Raiders are just not it for Adams, and I feel bad. None of what is happening is Adams’s fault. Yes, fantasy owners can be mad at the production, but it’s the fact it’s a quarterback change every week, and now new head coaches and front office. I would look to trade Adams. Sure, he will light it up every week, but this offense clearly showed that Jacobs is their number one guy, and it’s not even close. Adams only had seven targets for four catches and 34 yards, which was 7.4 fantasy points, absolutely awful. One can be as frustrated all they want, but it all comes back to the Raiders organization, and they need to get Adams out of there.

Number Three: DJ Moore

He’s in the same boat as Devonta Adams: terrible coaching and a new quarterback. He is a low-end flex player at best. But anything you can trade him for, I would do it. He needs to be out of your lineup; he is awful. Five targets for three receptions, 44 yards, and 5.4 points. He will continue to do this under the terrible offense the Bears have, especially with that new quarterback, who is struggling to get going and be consistent. So, temper expectations drastically to move him out of the lineup and trade him immediately it can be.

Number Two: Travis Kelce 

Kelce will get through whatever he is in; he is the best tight end, and it’s not even close. But right now, it has been an issue for back-to-back terrible weeks. This week, he only had four targets and three catches and only went for 14 yards, no touchdowns, and only 4.4 fantasy points. Yes, the Dolphins’ offense played very heavily on Kelce, but what to take away from this is when he plays good teams, he gets covered heavily and can’t seem to find a way through it. I do believe we will see a few more crappy weeks for Kelce, but again he is the best TE in fantasy football, so keep him. It, however, has definitely been a frustrating two weeks.

Number One: Kenneth Walker

Walker had a terrible fantasy, ruining many teams’ weeks with his performances and costing him games. Walker only had 16 yards for nine attempts and only 2.7 fantasy points. This was awful. I would not move him, though, or bench. I still think he’s elite, but he needs to produce more out of his yards per carry and needs to get way more attempts, at least double digits. I would expect a bounce-back week for Walker. I also think he will maintain his value, but if there is another bad week with him, I would definitely look to trade him.

Best performer of the week: CJ Stroud 

Stroud is the best rookie quarterback and a top-ten quarterback in the league right now. If Stroud is on the waiver, pick him up right now. If you need a quarterback, trade for Stroud. And if you have stroud, hold his value high because he is just beginning. Stroud had 450 yards and five touchdowns, posting 41 fantasy points. He will continue to excel. They are allowing him to utilize his arm strength so well by letting him sit in the pocket and deliver bombs. They are also allowing him to call some of the shots, which end up in huge positive plays. Also, his ability to extend the play is insane, and Stroud will only continue to go up in rankings for the quarterback spot.

Player to watch: Jake Fergusson

In the past two weeks, Fergusson has proven to be Dak’s second target and someone he looks for over the middle to make a significant completion. He had ten targets for seven receptions, 91 yards, and a touchdown for 22.1 fantasy points.  He is proving himself to be an elite tight end, and I can only see his stock rising. Pick him up immediately if he is on the waivers and is absolutely elite. He will be a player that you can count on to always put up more than projected as well. I am very high on Fergusson, and I’m excited to see where he goes.