Fantasy football week six rundown

Fantasy football week six rundown

It’s that time of the week again when we talk about the letdowns of the week and the players who sold for their fantasy teams but also the players who balled out and earned their name on the best performer spot.

Week six busts 

Number five Mike Evans: 

Evans has been a very reliable target and surprised people at the start of the year with how well he started in fantasy. But after this week against the Lions, he kind of disappeared and didn’t play up to his full potential, leaving fantasy owners quite upset. Mike Evans was targeted ten times, which is very effective, but he was only able to haul in four of them for 49 yards. He was looked at as the wide receiver, which was a good sign, but he didn’t even come close to performing like one. It was the lack of attention in the red zone. He’s one of those guys who feed off of red zone touchdowns and targets, but since the offense was so slow-moving, he couldn’t get going whatsoever. That is why he only was able to get 8.9 points in fantasy. Evans is still a good flex, but we saw this week that he’s dependent on how the offense plays because if they can’t score points, he’s typically gonna miss out on a lot of fantasy points due to him being a red-zone-type wide receiver.

Number four Calvin Ridley: 

Once again, Calvin Ridley is popping up on this list. He is so week to week, and it’s starting to get bad. He is very unreliable and isn’t a set WR1 one anymore for fantasy football, and I would definitely look to trade him if you have him. Ridley had eight targets for four receptions, only 30 yards, and no touchdowns. This would lead Ridley to only have 6.6 fantasy points. It was once again just such an underperformance from Ridley. He isn’t getting the look in the red zone as Travis Eteine is continuing to take the majority of snaps in the red zone, and Evan Ingram is getting involved more. It’s slowly taking away from Ridley’s targets and yards. Again, I would trade Ridley immediately. I’m sure he will probably have two or three more breakout weeks. But there are plenty more wide receivers out there that are more consistent and can get the job done.

Number three: Devnota Adams 

This was a shocker after how amazing Adams has been playing; however, this week, he was targeted five times and only got two of them for 29 yards and no touchdowns for a total of 4.9 fantasy points. This was an ultimate letdown as he is a wide receiver on most fantasy teams and has been looked at to win weeks for fantasy owners this whole year. But today, he was nonexistent, and it left a lot of fantasy owners troubled by his performance. I do expect him to bounce back and get back to his 17 points a week for fantasy sooner rather than later.

Number two: Tee Higgins 

Higgins has been so inconsistent that I don’t even know what to think anymore. He was only targeted four times for two receptions and only had a total of 20 yards for 4.0 fantasy points. I get he will never be the main guy because of Jamar Chase, and it’s going a be hard to overtake him. But as a WR2, he should be more active and involved out there. I would keep an eye on Higgins for the next couple of weeks. However, if he continues to be inconsistent, I would trade him right after a good week, if he has one, to get rid of him because there’s a chance he’s just slowly falling into a very unreliable wide receiver role. Fantasy owners should definitely be on high alert to trade him.

Number one: Deandre Hopkins 

Ever since Hopkins joined the Titans, he just hasn’t looked like he’s had a good time. He hasn’t been involved nearly as much as he should, and he’s been open a lot. For some reason, the Titans just aren’t trusting him to make the fifty-fifty jump balls or the back corner end zone shots, even though he still has some of the best hands in the league. Because of this, he only had five targets for one reception, only 2o yards, and zero touchdowns once again. That would all come out to only 3.0 fantasy points. If I were Hopkins, I would be frustrated with the lack of involvement. In terms of owning him in fantasy, I would taper your expectations even more, and I would even consider benching him now after his lack of production, but if played, he is a solid flex at best. Hopkins will continue to be up in the air the rest of the year for a fantasy wide receiver, and I could totally see him continuing to drop and fall in fantasy rankings the rest of the year.

Top performer of the week: Amon-ra St. Brown 

St.Brown had a stellar 30.4 fantasy point week.  He had 15 targets for 12 receptions, 124 yards, and a touchdown. He continues to show that he is the Lion’s number one target and that he is the guy that they look for in the big plays. He will continue to do this the rest of the season as well because the Lions are very successful, and I don’t see them moving away from what works.  He is obviously a must-start for fantasy teams and should be valued as a top-ten fantasy wide receiver, in my mind, without a doubt. I would hold his value very high if anyone was thinking about trading him. But I would hold onto him because he will continue to win your fantasy team games.

Player to watch: Michael Pittman 

Pittman has 14 targets for nine receptions and 109 yards for a total of 19.9 points. Pittman has been totally undervalued this year and has shown that he is a clear WR1 with the amount of targets he gets. He continues to show out every game, getting deep balls left and right, and he is also involved in the shirt passing game as well. He’s an overall key piece to this offense, and he is someone that, if you have him, I would start in the flex position as I only think he will continue to grow and get better. He will only bring more value and wins to your fantasy team.

Another fantasy week has concluded. With more uncertainty, especially from wide receivers, a majority just decided not to show up and play. It will be interesting to see next week how players bounce back and if there will be any new faces on the lists next week.