The home for coverage of all FHC athletics

Week three fantasy football rundown

Week three fantasy football rundown

Week three of fantasy football was an absolutely wild week. Multiple of the top performers came from the Dolphins after that unstoppable offensive performance. But what players throughout the league are disappointed or continue to disappoint, we shall see.

Week 3 busts 

Number five 

What do you know, Drake London has ended up right back up on this list after another disappointing week three, and it has fantasy owners very frustrated. London only had six targets for two receptions and 31 yards, which landed him only 5.0 fantasy points.  Once again, it’s the production that is super frustrating. London is barely receiving the ball at all, only targeted six times, and, more worrying, has only brought in two of those, also along with no targets in the red zone. This is super disappointing because he has been utilized in the red zone, he’s barely given any deep shots, and they’re not giving him the wide recovery one target he deserves. So, after week three, I expect him to be back on this list as he will continue to be super inconsistent in my mind and put up these poor numbers. 

Number four 

Another disappointing wide receiver that fantasy owners were banking on to lead their fantasy team as a wide receiver one. Calvin Ridley has just not been getting it done. He’s had to bust weeks and only one boom, and for a wide receiver of his caliber, it should be way better. This week against the Texans, with whom he should’ve had a field day, he had seven targets, which is disappointing. That a wide receiver who is their vocal point only had the ball thrown to him seven times, but even more disappointing was that he only had three receptions for 40 yards, which was only a total of 7.0. It’s super frustrating as a fantasy owner that despite the lack of receptions and targets, he is not a target in the red zone as much, with just one touchdown on the season. Ridley needs to step up his game before he lets more people down in fantasy. 

Number three 

He also ended up on this list last week. After another disappointing season, I hope people took it. I said wait to hear about him and are now a suitable bench or try to trade him. Kyle Pitts has been an awful fantasy tight end, and he continues to be disappointing. He had nine targets, five receptions for only 41 yards, and no touchdowns for 8.7 points. Some people will say 8.7 is acceptable as a tight end, but people are banking on him to put up big numbers weekly. Pitts is not Kelce. Pitts will never fit the Falcon’s scheme well. The only balls he gets are little check-downs or fifty-fifty deep balls on streaks into triple coverage when they want to try a shot downfield, which is why he will never be consistent and a viable option to bank on. He continues to be a mid-tight end with barely any upside as the Falcons are just continuing to hammer home the run game. So if you have Pitts, get rid of him somehow and some way. I will repeat it: he is a huge bust and will continue to pop up on this list again and again this year. 

Number two

This was more of a shocking one after coming off of an excellent, intense first week back after injury. Mark Andrews went almost ghost mode this week and left fantasy owners frustrated. When you think of top fantasy tight ends, it’s always Travis Kelce and Mark Andrews, so when one of them disappoints, it’s a bigger bummer and often is super bad for fantasy teams. Andrews only had five targets, and he was able to catch four of them for 35 yards, but no touchdowns is the disappointing part, which was a total of 7.5 fantasy points.  He wasn’t looked at in the red zone this week, and Lamar ran both of them in. So, if you’re a Mark Andrews owner, don’t panic. He will be fine, but in terms of weekly performance, this was one of the most disappointing performances, especially for such a big name. 

Number one

This was such a sad week for Derrick Henry. He posted pathetic stats and looked like he was a washed veteran’s back. You would think Derrick Henry had 11 carries, which is pretty good, but he could only go into 20 yards and no red zone and goal-line carry. This is awful for someone of his caliber, and to put this in perspective, he had 2.0 fantasy points. It was a horrible day. I get the Browns’ defense played incredibly against the Titan’s offense, but still, a big playmaker like Henry should be able to put up better stats. If I were a fantasy owner, I would be worried because the Titans O-line clearly can’t play against a tough defense, and when they need points, they abandon the run, so Henry is left back there blocking. He will still be good, but if it’s tight and the Titans need points, they panic and go to the pass, which can be and will be frustrating for fantasy owners down the road. 

Best performer of the week

Devon Achane went crazy; this was one of the most impressive fantasy performances ever. And it is, so far, the most points scored throughout this fantasy season. He had 18 carries for 203 yards and two touchdowns and got involved in the passing game. He had four receptions on four targets for 30 yards and two more touchdowns for 51.5 fantasy points! This was incredible, and although this won’t happen again, he has a lot of upside. I believe the Dolphins will utilize a two-back set now with Mostert and Achane, and I think both will put up a decent amount of fantasy points every week. I love Ache and expect him to continue to be a solid, good running back. 

Player to Watch 

Jordan Love has been lighting it up and is a waiver wire snag if he’s on there, which would be shocking if he was if you need a quarterback target, or if you have him, he’s good trout bait to start to propose trades with. He had 24.26 points this week and hasn’t had a week below 20 points. This week, he went for 259 yards, a touchdown, and a 2-point conversion. He’s been a reliable and consistent quarterback and will only continue to improve.

This concludes week three with many surprises and shocks, like in fantasy football. But I hope some of these takes will help you this week make trades or help you decide who to bench and start.