Boys JV Soccer Narrowly drops opening game to Lowell 1-0

Mason Corcoran, Sports Reporter

The boys JV soccer team started its season off against a talented Red Arrows offense this week but unfortunately fell short in the end losing 1-0. Despite the rainy and wet conditions, the Rangers started out trying to control the ball on the ground with sophomore Noah Burr in the midfield putting cross after cross in behind Lowell’s defense.

However, throughout the game, the Rangers struggled to match the Red Arrows speed up top and in the 30th-minute, Lowell slotted the ball past freshman Ranger goalkeeper Lance Childers to take the lead. In the second half, the Rangers fought to the very end but to no avail. The goalkeeper for Lowell was able to halt many chances, including an impressive stop on a diving header from Lance.

The clock expired, and the Rangers fell to 0-1 on their season and in the conference. The boys JV soccer team will take on Grand Rapids Christian at 5:00 PM at home this coming Friday.

About the Writer
Photo of Mason Corcoran
Mason Corcoran, Sports Reporter

Mason Corcoran is a senior at FHC entering his first year in the FHC Sports Report. Mason plays soccer, lacrosse, and wrestles for the school. He enjoys...