Varsity Volleyball picks up massive win on senior night over Wayland Union

Zoe Lipke, Sports Reporter

The varsity volleyball team went up against the Wayland Warriors in a tough non-conference matchup. The Rangers came out dominating, landing themselves a win with a score of 3-0. This was a big win, and an even bigger event as FHC celebrated their five seniors.

The Rangers started off strong in the first set, proving themselves to be the better team from the get-go. By the end of the first set, the Rangers had pulled away with a win of 25-15. The next set proceeded to go according to the first set. The Rangers pulled ahead early with a substantial lead and finished the second set with a score of 25-12. In the third and final set, the Warriors began to put up a fight; however, this didn’t phase the Rangers, and they went on to win the set 25-22.

Given that this was senior night for the Rangers, senior Tatum Otolski was a force to be reckoned with during the game. She totaled 18 attacks and five blocks throughout the game. Fellow senior Julia Bouma had 13 digs and three assists during the game at the libero position. Lastly, seniors Morghan Tilton and Katie Costello combined for 27 assists between the two of them, along with 6 digs.

This game concluded the varsity volleyball team’s season play and puts them straight into districts that begins next week. The Rangers will take on the East Grand Rapids Pioneers, at East Grand Rapids High School at 6:30.