MSU’s all-decade basketball team has more tools and ability than Michigan’s

There is no question that Michigan State Basketball has had its fair share of success over recent years. The Spartans’ head coach, Tom Izzo, ranks fifth all-time in Final Four appearances with eight since the year 2000.

As a result, MSU’s all-decade team has some eye-opening abilities. Consisting of talent on both ends, this all-star team would be able to take on any team at any level.

PG: Cassius Winston

As one of the best players in the country heading into his senior year, Cassius Winston is a no-brainer pick for the point guard spot on this team. He is the all-time assist leader in the Big Ten and sixth in MSU history for scoring. Nominated as the Big Ten POTY and a first-team All-American, Cassius’s resume is with the best of them. 

SG: Gary Harris

Gary Harris was an elite defender from his first MSU game to his last. Averaging 12.9 PPG as a freshman, he earned the honor of Big Ten Freshman of the Year. In his sophomore season, he was named to the first-team All-Conference.

SF: Miles Bridges

Miles Bridges was undoubtedly one of the most delightful Spartans to watch in this past decade; his explosiveness and shooting ability made him a walking highlight-reel. Averaging 17.2 PPG in a two-year career, Bridges was one of the best scorers in the country. After an astonishing freshman campaign, Bridges was selected as the Big Ten Freshman of the Year and was named to the first-team All-Big Ten as a sophomore. 

PF: Draymond Green

Draymond’s senior season was one of the best seasons we have seen from a Spartan. He averaged 16.2 PPG and 10.6 RPG. He also averaged about 4 assists per game. Aside from the stats, his defense and leading abilities were top-notch. He is also the leading rebounder in MSU basketball history. Overall, these stats were enough to recognize him as the Big Ten POTY.

C: Jaren Jackson Jr. 

Shattering the MSU single-season blocks record by nearly 40, Jackson averaged three blocks per game and has the single-game record with eight. He averaged 10.9 PPG along with 5.8 RPG his freshman season. He was nominated as the Big Ten Freshman and Defensive POTY.

With Tom Izzo–the soon-to-be all-time winningest coach in Big Ten history–this team will be coached by the best of the best. With this squad, Winston and Bridges would be given the opportunity to score at will. The other four players can all stretch the floor to some extent, allowing them to run the offense efficiently.

Cassius’ ability to drive and kick to his shooters is extraordinary and this team has excellent shooters that knock down open looks. Defensively, I don’t see many buckets falling for Michigan. Gary Harris would lock up Trey Burke and Jaren Jackson would play grueling defense on Moe Wagner.

Overall, I see this team as far better than any possible Michigan team. This squad is far more complete and well-coached than the Wolverines’ all-decade team.