Girls JV water polo wins its last game of the season 4-2 against Hudsonville

The girls JV water polo team has had a great season, only losing one game to Jenison. Going into its last game of the season against Hudsonville, the team was determined to win one more. Beating the Eagles 4-2, the girls ended their season on a great note with an overall record of 9-1.

The girls started the game down 1-0 to the Eagles in the first quarter. Luckily, in the second quarter, they came back and scored two goals to put them ahead at 2-1. The Rangers then scored two more in the third, giving them a significant 4-1 lead. The Eagles did score another in the fourth, but the girls were able to come out on top.

The four goals of the game came from FHN freshman Anna Wiechertjes, FHE freshman Elliott McAlpine, and FHC sophomore Sydney VanLente. This Forest Hills trio has had a great season and ended its season off strong as well. Two of the goals came from Anna, who also won two of her sprints and had three steals. Elliott had three steals and drew a kick out.

The most steals of the game unsurprisingly came from FHC freshman Ashley Schenck. Ashley had eight steals to end her freshman water polo season.

FHC sophomore Sydney VanLente also had a great game. Sydney had six shots, one of which was a goal. She also had two steals and won her only sprint.

The girls had a great season and will continue to grow in their future years on the Forest Hills water polo team.