JV baseball extends its win streak to seven games after defeating West Ottawa twice

This week, the JV baseball team has completely taken over and has continued its pattern of domination. After winning their five other contests, the Rangers took on West Ottawa in the final doubleheader of a hectic week. FHC came out on top in both games, winning the first 8-2 and second 17-5.

An impressive start to this past weekend’s game came from pitchers freshman Mason McDonald and sophomore Peyton Price; these two picked up the wins. Mason tossed six innings with four hits and one run allowed while striking out six batters. Peyton pitched four innings, finishing the day with four hits and two runs allowed. To close out the game, Peyton’s five strikeouts in the last few innings sealed the deal for FHC.

A cluster of Rangers got their offensive stat sheets filled out, as sophomores Chase Robinson, Arthur Pelon, and freshman Chase Enbody all had two RBIs. In both games, freshman leadoff hitter Carson Custer performed at the top and clobbered three hits in both performances.

FHC now sits at 15-1 on this memorable season, and they move on to battle it out for three games against East Grand Rapids and one game with Hudsonville next week.