Sophomore Frankie Sutton’s hattrick secures the girls JV soccer team’s 6-0 win over Grand Rapids Christian

Sophomore Frankie Sutton's hattrick secures the girls JV soccer team's 6-0 win over Grand Rapids Christian

Sophomore captain Frankie Sutton came back from an injury with determination on her mind. Frankie had a hattrick against Grand Rapids Christian, securing the Rangers’ 6-0 win. By beating the Eagles, the girls JV soccer team brought its record to 5-0, having an amazing start to their season. 

“Frankie Sutton stood out to me because she has been injured the past few weeks and hasn’t been able to play,” sophomore Audrey Kind said. “She came out strong and scored quickly. It was a great return for her, and it’s good to have her back.” 

The girls scored the first five goals in the first half and the last one in the second half. They used the first 35 minutes of the game to ensure their win and the second 35 to work on making themselves a better team and experiment. 

“The game went really well,” Frankie said. “We scored five goals in the first half and really dominated the game.” 

Sophomores Mackenzie Wintrich and Audrey worked together to score the other three goals, with Audrey scoring two and Mackenzie scoring one. On one of Audrey’s goals, Mackenzie took the ball down the right side of the field, crossing it for Audrey to body it past the goalie. 

The next opponent for the girls will be a tough one: Gull Lake. They will host the Blue Devils at 5:00 PM on Friday, April 23.