Girls JV softball picks up two wins over the Greenville Yellow Jackets

Over the weekend, the girls JV softball team took on the Greenville Yellow Jackets in another doubleheader just a day after their previous match-up. Once again, the Rangers dominated and beat the Yellow Jackets in three innings for both games.

Leading the team with a great performance was sophomore Lauren Halverson. She pitched the first game with two strikeouts and only had one hit against her. She also went three-for-four in her at-bats. Sophomore Charlotte Stephen also had a phenomenal day at the plate, going three-for-four and getting a double off one of her hits. On their way to a 19-4 victory, the Rangers had 17 total hits and no errors.

In the second game of the day, Charlotte pitched for FHC. She threw an impressive seven strikeouts and only managed to give up three hits. Freshman Molly Gorney went three-for-three in her at-bats and was able to get a double off one of her hits. Several Rangers also went two-for-three in the batter’s box, including sophomore Elizabeth Ptak, freshman Lia Amenta, and Lauren. Overall, the Rangers had 13 hits and three errors in their 19-4 victory. 

With these two wins in their back pocket, the Rangers now sit at 5-1 on the season. Next, the team will take on the Lowell Red Arrows this Monday, April 19, at 4:15 pm. This will be yet another doubleheader match-up and will be played at Lowell High School.