JV baseball caps off big week with a 16-0 win against Greenville

Just a few days after beating Greenville in a doubleheader, the Rangers squared off with the Yellow Jackets one more time on Friday, April 16th. Similar to the games before, FHC defeated Greenville in an orderly fashion, 16-0.

Freshman pitcher Mason Mcdonald shined bright on the mound for the Rangers, throwing a dominant three-inning stint. In addition to striking out seven people, Mason didn’t give up any runs. FHC’s defense has been one of the biggest reasons that they have dominated in the first part of the season, as they have outscored their opponents 64-2.

In the meantime, the offense stayed hot today for FHC because of star sophomore Chase Robinson’s big performance. Robinson finished the day 2-2 with four RBI’s and two stolen bases. Another sophomore, Sammy Mielock, provided key offensive plays for the Rangers. Sammy hit 2-3 with two RBI’s, one stolen base, and three runs scored. Helping out Chase and Sammy on offense, freshman Ty Hudkins led the underclassmen by scoring three RBI’s and stealing a base.

The Rangers are now 4-0 on the season and look forward to a big week with five total games. To start, FHC will host Lowell in a doubleheader on Monday, April 19th. Then, the Rangers will travel to Lowell on Wednesday, April 21st for a single. Finally, Caledonia will host the boys in green for a doubleheader on Saturday, April 24th.