Girls JV soccer earns 8-0 win over Greenville

Game number two for the girls JV soccer team was another solid win, mercy-ruling Greenville by scoring eight goals in the first half and finishing the game 8-0. Freshman Bryn Pennington held the team together from the center of the field, creating good ball movement and being a team leader. Bryn and the rest of the girls worked hard to get those eight goals in the first half, ending the Yellow Jackets’ night early. 

“Everyone is so positive and we get along so well,” sophomore captain Frankie Sutton said. “I also think our coaches help out a lot with that because they let us have fun and encourage us to laugh, and still work hard on and off the field.” 

Sophomore Mackenzie Wintrich also had an outstanding performance, scoring four out of the eight goals. She was always there at the right time and made sure to be aggressive on the offensive side of the field. The other four goals came from freshman Skylar Tierney scoring one, sophomore Audrey Kind scoring two, and an unfortunate own goal from the Yellow Jackets.

“I think our season will go great,” Frankie said. “We definitely need to work on some things as a team and as individual players, but that will come as the season progresses.” 

The girls have started off their season with a positive 2-0 record, propelling them down the path towards more victories. The next game for the girls will be against a tougher opponent in Grand Haven. They will take on the Buccaneers on their home turf on Friday, April 16th at 5:00 PM.