JV baseball makes quick work of Greenville with a two-game sweep

It seemed as if the boys JV baseball team was swinging for the fences on every pitch last night; the team put on a show against Greenville during its two-game series hosted by the Yellow Jackets. Both games ended in double-digit victories, as the Rangers took the first 19-2 and the second 13-0.

The Ranger pitchers had themselves career days in both games. Freshman Carson Custer got the nod in the first outing, pitching three successful innings in the four that were played during the mercy rule. Custer put up tremendous stats and struck out ten opposing batters during his time on the mound. Likewise, sophomore Sam Ardinger threw a combined no-hitter with freshman Trevor Willams in game two. In the six innings the duo spent throwing, they combined for 13 strikeouts.

Offensively, the sophomores took it upon themselves to carry the load for FHC. Making his presence felt in the second game, sophomore Chase Robinson finished 2-2 on the day with a triple, three RBI’s, three runs scored, and two walks. Game two saw two more sophomores pop off, as Sammy Mielock and Justin Osterhouse had their fair share of big hits as well. Osterhouse went 2-3 with a big two-run homer, while Mielock racked in three RBI’s on a double, triple, and a walk.

Freshman JT Hartman also had a very impressive day as the lead hitter for the Rangers in both games. In the two games, Hartman managed to get on base five out of nine times and scored four runs.

The Rangers are now 3-0 on the year and will face off against Greenville this Friday, April 16th.