Why the New Big Ten is the Best Conference In College Football

With the new realignment of all the Power Five conferences this year, it has been up for debate by many fans which conference clearly turned into the best. With each conference adding around four to five teams it helped strengthen all of them. But none of them compare to the new Big Ten. The talent and power of the teams they added with already having Michigan and Ohio State in the conference are unmatched.

Since the realignment, the Big Ten has added Washington, USC, UCLA, and Oregon. All of them were ranked in the AP 25 at some point in the season, and Washington made the National Championship. All four of these teams have had winning cultures over the past couple of years and have risen to the top and now that they are in the Big Ten it helps to make the conference even more loaded.

The Big Ten is the best football conference because of how top-loaded they are with very good teams and the depth they bring. Michigan has been to the college football playoff the last three years and just won a national championship, Ohio State has made the playoff two out of the last three years. And now you have the National Championship runner-up in Washington, and Oregon who was ranked in the top ten and one win away from the playoff. That right there are four of the best teams and most complete programs in the nation. Not to mention the Big Ten also has teams like USC, Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa, and Nebraska. All top-level teams have had winning programs and very successful programs that always give teams a run for their money.

Also, the Big Ten has the best defenses you look at all these SEC scores and ACC scores, and when the best teams play there are always shootouts Like Alabama and Texas and Georgia and Alabama. But in the Big Ten, the quality of their defenses is way better and their brand of football is a lot cleaner as well. You see more complete tightly contested games that show good defense something that you don’t get in any other conference.

As well, the players in my opinion are way better in the Big Ten than in any other conference, in the Latest NFL draft Michigan led with nine players drafted the most by college in that draft. Also in this year’s draft seven of the top fifteen picks are from the Big Ten and five of them were in the first round. This shows how strong the Big Ten is in player depth and why they are becoming the new best powerhouse conference.

The Big Ten is too dominant now to be disregarded as not the best, the times of the SEC running the playoffs and the college football world have come to an end after this year and with the new additions the Big Ten has brought, there is no denying that the Big Ten will run college football for the next couple of years. In terms of the quality of players and National Championships won.