Are the Chicago Bears Back?

It’s been plenty of years since we’ve seen success in Chicago when it comes to their NFL team. The last time they had won their division, they fell short in the wildcard round to the Philadelphia Eagles, which plenty of Bears fans dread and consider the infamous “Double Doink.” And since 2018, they haven’t seen much success, as they’ve shown a 52-32 record since then. But since this 2024 NFL Draft and the off-season, they’ve made plenty of massive moves that have shaken the league quite a bit.

Caleb Williams

Caleb Williams was taken 1st overall in the 2024 NFL Draft by the Chicago Bears, which had gotten the pick from the Carolina Panthers a year before in the previous draft. He was projected as the best quarterback in the draft by a decent margin. He’s expected to change the team around and turn them from a 7-10 to potentially a double-digit-win team in the next season. He’s not only going to be put around an offense that is easily one of the best regarding the runningbacks and offensive line but he’s expected to be one of the best Bears quarterbacks that they’ve had and even maybe have 4000+ yards, which no Bears quarterback has ever done before. He showed incredible talent during his time at USC, and it’ll be unfortunate to see how well he carries that over into the NFL for Lions, Packers, and Vikings fans alike.

Receiving room upgrades

When it came to the Chicago Bears last year, we saw one of the most well-rounded receiving rooms in the league. The team didn’t have a superstar receiver like Justin Jefferson or Tyreek Hill, but the team had an incredible look when it came to the receivers at hand. You had Cole Kmet, a tight end who is near the top ten when it comes to tight ends in the league. You had DJ Moore, who’s considered to be a top-20 wide receiver amongst all NFL wide receivers currently. And lastly, you had Khalil Herbert, who showed how efficient he was when it came to receiving the ball as a running back, along with how he was able to run the ball quite well to help make the team the number one overall rushing team. However, the Bears this offseason decided to take some players that could make an impact quickly. Firstly, you have Keenan Allen. He’s been a performer his whole career and made the Chargers proud to have somebody so talented. It was honestly shocking to see him leave Los Angeles this year, as many of the Chargers fans thought he would never leave. While he may be coming to the end of his career, he can make a very powerful, although short, impact on this team and help them out a lot. Alongside that, with the ninth overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Bears chose Rome Odunze, who I consider to be the fourth-best wide receiver in this draft. With both of those additions to the wide receiver room, this team easily ranks at the top when it comes to their receiver core. And finally, the Bears added D’Andre Swift, the running back from the Eagles, to share work with Khalil Herbert. Even if Caleb Williams turns out to be a terrible quarterback and does not perform as fans hope he will, this entire offense still may be the greatest receiving core all put together, as many people don’t take running backs into account.

For what seems like a dominating team, the Chicago Bears will still have to work incredibly hard to win this division and make a playoff run in general. They will still have to face teams that are fighting for one seed in the NFC altogether. But it will sure be fun to see how this team does.