Gymnastics takes yet another loss despite improvements

Last night, the FHC gymnastics team faced off against the Rockford Rams in another meet at Rockford high school. Despite losing the fourth meet of the year 143.6-137.6, head coach Lauren Suizo had many great things to say about her team.

“[Sophomore] Abby Cumings stood out a lot because she added several new skills to beam and floor, which upped her scores significantly,” Suizo said. “As a team, we scored our highest for the seasons, and a major accomplishment was our beam improvement. We had tons of stuck routines and overall beautiful gymnastics.”

The team also celebrated its lone senior, Hannah Chadwick. She performed very well and really showed off her talents and skills the other night. The girls also got the qualifying score for their regional competition, which was a big success for them and obviously a team goal from the start of the season. Freshman Lily Zorn and sophomore Allison Kelly performed on the floor for the first time this year, and they made a big impact on the team’s overall score.

Hopefully, they can make a turn around in the next meet and score big to turn their season around. On Monday, they will be at a conference meet at Rockford High School with multiple opponents.