JV girls volleyball ends season with blowout win over Wayland Union

Mac Boike, Sports Reporter

The Rangers have one last stop in 2020. A win in this game would clinch a conference title for the girls. The roadblock in front of them: a road match against Wayland Union. The girls would have to travel out to Wayland to secure the OK White Conference. The whole season was on the line, and the girls knew what had to be done. A win in this game and it puts their name in their JV volleyball record books.

To begin the game, the Rangers were looking for a key play. That play came from a strong hit by freshamn Mila Kavara who has been carrying the front court of a strong Ranger offense. This offense would continue to push the pace in a strong first set for the girls. Sophomore Averie Zaschak had been killing it with her set game lately and that carried over in set one. Averie would continue making these key plays which helped the Rangers bolster a powerful opening round. Sophomore Kate Hotaling serving run late in the set would be the dagger in this round with the Rangers pulling it out 25-14.

The second half, the last set of the season if the Rangers pull it out. This would be their chance to win a conference championship. Service runs by sophomores Kate Hotling, Averie Zaschak, and Emma Costello would provide long scoring runs for the Rangers which helped smooth out a victory. By a final score of 25-8, the Rangers would clinch a conference championship that would end the season.

A great finish to a crazy season that took many different turns for the girls in an overall year that they will not forget.