Gymnastics loses a heartbreaker to Lowell

On Thursday, the Forest Hills unified gymnastics team faced off against the Red Arrows of Lowell High School in the third meet of the season. Unfortunately, the girls lost 134.575-133.975, just by six-tenths of a point. It was a heartbreaker, but junior gymnast Alyssa Wierenga had many positive things to say about the team’s performance that night.

“Some performers that stood out were [FHN senior] Hannah Chadwick, [sophomore] Abby Cumings, and [freshman] Rachael Yeager because of their advanced skill set, and with Abby and Rachael being young, they definitely have a lot of potential for the future.” With that being said, those three girls had some of the best scores of the night on their routines.

One of the captains of the team Hannah Chadwick had a great night on bars with a score of 8.55, and she is also very talented on her floor exercises and beam. “

“Hannah has always been a competitor, and one of the hardest workers on the team,” sophomore Payton Dailey said.

Rachael Yeager had a very eventful night; she scored 9.00 on bars, 8.5 on vault, and an 8.075 on beam. She might only be a freshman, but she is determined and a very hard worker, knowing what it takes to be the best and perform at the highest level in high school.

Abby also fulfilled some of the expectations that night. The sophomore’s floor routine scored a 9.15, the highest of the night for their team, and she executed a very well done routine on the vault with a score of 8.45. 

The girls look forward to competing next Monday in what is supposed to be a well-fought battle against the Rockford Rams.