The boys JV golf team is ready to swing into action

Spring season is in full swing, and that includes the boys junior varsity golf team. With lots of new talent joining the group and experienced players by its side, the team is ready to hit the links. 

The golf team has many returning players this year like junior Lorenzo Valdiserri and sophomore Trystan Tilton, who are both stepping up to the tee ready to finish what they started last season despite some setbacks.

“This year is a little different due to lack of COVID restrictions, and it is different being a sophomore now as well. All my teammates are my friends now and we all get along well,” Trystan Tilton said. “There is no drama and we work together well, which is nice.”

Trystan is not the only one looking forward to this season though, as his fellow teammate Lorenzo hopes to prove himself on the course while also showing the underclassmen the guidance they will need to win.

“I got cut from varsity and was given the opportunity to play JV, so now I have to prove to myself and my coaches that I am able to compete at the varsity level,” Lorenzo said.

As a new member of the team this year, freshman Jacob Elliot plans on continuing his love for golf with his friends in a different setting than usual.

“I am looking forward to golfing this year because I enjoy golfing a lot and I will get to make friends with my teammates,” Jacob Elliot said.

The season is young and so is the talent, so it is only a matter of time before the boys prove they have what it takes for the rest of the conference. The team’s first match is on Monday, April 11, against Lowell, so make sure to make it out to support the team.

“This season is looking great with the guys we have and our team dynamic will help us achieve our goals as the season goes on,” freshman Samuel Rabideau said.